Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family.

July, where did you go?

For the majority of my life, in my family, July means visiting the beach. I was unable to go this year because of life circumstances. Knowing that I was missing all the action was tough, but I ended up having an enjoyable week at home. Friends took me in, and the dogs kept me company. But mainly, I missed my family. Here are a few things I missed while they were gone:

-One of the boys deciding that he needs to "take a shower really quick" at midnight, right as everyone is headed to sleep.
-Knowing that there is a possibility that the coffee might be made when I walk downstairs.
-Baseball conversations.
-Wondering which of the boys were working... and "where," and "what time," and "when will they be off?"
-Being able to call someone when I get off of work to find out "what's going on tonight?"
-Hearing Dad say, "Dont worry, guys, I'll get these dishes."
-Laughing about who-knows-what with Brother #4, while Brother #2 asks us to "please be quiet; you are being ridiculous."
-Having the boys beg me stay awake at night as I announce, "Absolutely not, it's midnight. I'm so tired and I'm going to sleep."
-Hearing Mom and Dad say, "Ok, goodnight, I love you."

I'm glad their home. The chaos is back, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment